Press Release: SQL Accord 1.2 Now Available!
For immediate release.
SQL Accord - Now Available Publicly
Orange County - California, May 9th 2005 - The public release of SQL Accord version 1.2, an advanced Microsoft SQL Server database comparison tool, was announced today by SQL Effects. Although the product has a heritage dating since 1999, and has been in use for several years by various consulting organizations - this will be the first release made available to the general public.
SQL Accord is a software tool made for software professionals by active software engineers who have to do on a daily basis the kinds of chores the tool is designed for:
- Verifying change scripts.
- Identifying undesirable changes in a database environment - or verifying that there aren't any.
- Ensuring that your production environment is the same as your test and development environment.
- Diagnosing those odd situations where a problem happens in production - but can't be reproduced in your development environment.
- Understanding the database differences between two different releases.
- Code reviewing recent changes in stored procedures, SQL functions, views and triggers with an easy way to see line by line diffs.
The tool differentiates itself from other database comparison tools by focusing on ease of use, simplicity in design, flexibility in comparison selections and criteria, lightning fast comparison performance, unique GUI review of differences (instead of the common approach of scripting out the objects into a sql script then doing a basic file compare - a common method in other tools), and also offers multiple results analysis and review and reporting methods, as well as results export options for various standard file formats.